Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Vintage Lingerie

I recently received an e-mail from a guy who was looking for old design underwear. Now, I really can't think of a reason why someone would wanna torture herself with vintage lingerie, unless she is an actress who is required to strip off her Victorian gown on stage, or something like that.

Anyway, that e-mail intrigued me and off I went online looking for vintage lingerie and I found this online store called
SleeknChic.com which deals in vintage lingerie and stockings. In short, vintage = antique = ancient = OLD.

I'm not sure there are anyone who still wants to wear these items. They look older than my grandmother's era.

Some of the pieces are new, some are gently worn. Some have storage spots, some are in mint condition.

The more I look at the items, the more I can't figure out who would want to wear these. They definitely are not for daily usage, definitely not suitable for Malaysia weather (look so stuffy!) and MOST definitely unsexy!!

uugghh give me modern lingerie anytime!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the site review which I've just stumbled across!

As the site owner I confirm that vintage does mean older i.e. probably fifty years old! However maybe you need to revisit the sleeknchic site - the growth in burlesque and those like Dita who have brought out their own modern versions of these classics really prove there is a demand.

And comfort? At our last shoot for the site the model did not want to take off the girdle as she enjoyed wearing it so much...and fell in love with the silk stockings too!

Anyway we are starting to retire our trusty mannequin and use live models for the latest inventory items so there are plenty of forties and fifties items for those who really love dressing in true retro style.

Oh and we have been lending stock out to one manufacturer who is reintroducing these classic designs - starting off with the satin bullet bra.

Post a Comment