Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sharen Jester Turney - The Force Behind Victoria's Secret Megabrand

Have you ever wondered who is behind the success of Victoria's Secret? Well, currently, it is Sharen Jester Turney, President and Chief Executive Officer of Victoria's Secret Megabrand and Intimate Apparel.

Victoria's Secret Megabrand oversees Victoria’s Secret Stores, Victoria’s Secret Direct and Victoria’s Secret Beauty.

Before her appointment as the President and CEO of Victoria's Secret Megabrand, Ms. Turney was the President and CEO of Victoria's Secret Direct, the brand's catalogue (direct sales) and e-commerce arm.

During her leadership from May 2000, Victoria's Secret Direct leapfrogged to be one of the world's largest direct marketers of women's apparel and intimate wear in America, with a total of $1.2 billion sales in 2005.

Prior to her post in Victoria's Secret Direct, Ms. Turney was with Neiman Marcus, an upscale, specialty, retail department store in the United States. She was subsequently also with NM Direct, the company’s direct marketing business.

If I ever have my own line of sexy lingerie, Ms. Turney will definitely be my role model.

Source:
HERE

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I believing my eyes???? Is there really a turn around for VS?? About 1-1/2-2 years ago I sent an email stating that I was not purchasing VS anymore. If I wanted trash I would purchase from Fredericks of Hollywood. I received a phone call and I was told that they were sorry that I felt that way and that it was hoped that one day I might return. I came to VS as a young wife and mother, able to purchase VERY ULTRA-FEMININE sleepwear, etc at a resonable price....more pricy than some, but I would save for those special occassions. One always knew that there would be a beautiful something and it would really be pretty and the hubby would love it as well. I look forward to seeing new lingerie....with a vintage (for VS) look, a real VS "pretty" and sweet. Leave the trash to the other stores.....
I still like to look soft and inviting at bedtime...even now...that can also bring tenderness and hugs....one does want to look pretty.
Thank you Sharen Jester Turney....I am waiting for your magic.
Jeannie Dorr

Post a Comment